What data we collect and why
When ordering or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
Faradai products (Website, Softwares, Apps, AI Systems) allows you to input, upload and store in the Faradai Platform (“Faradai”) any business data that you choose – for example, kWh of energy consumed, purchased, amount of waste generated, kilometers travelled as well as custom emission factors or information about your company’s carbon offset project preferences. Data can be in any text, document or image format. We refer to this data as “Content”.
We also receive the following types of information below and we collect only what we need. Here’s what that means in practice:
When registering for our services, we ask for identifying information such as your name, position, department, email address, phone number if you want to get SMS notifications and your company name so you can set up your new account and we can send you invoices, updates or other essential information. We’ll never sell your info to third parties, and we won’t use your name or company in marketing statements without your permission.
When you browse our marketing pages, softwares or applications, your browser automatically shares certain information, such as which operating system and browser version you are using. We track that information, along with the pages you are visiting, the time the page takes to load, and which website referred you for statistical purposes such as conversion rates and to test new designs. We sometimes track specific link clicks to help inform design decisions. This web analytics data is tied to your IP address and user account if applicable and if you are signed into our Services. We use third-party web analytics softwares such as Google Analytics and Matomo.
When you write to Faradai with a question or to ask for help, we keep that correspondence, including the email address, so that we have a history of past correspondences to refer to if you reach out in the future. We also store any information you volunteer, such as surveys. Sometimes when we carry out customer interviews, we may ask for your permission to record the conversation for future reference or use. We only do so if you give your express consent.
At Faradai, our goal is to assist users with information and answers related to sustainability and environmental topics. We use AI systems to achieve this goal. However, it’s essential to note that while our AI can provide insights, it does not possess the expertise of a human professional and should not be regarded as a replacement for professional advice. We collect data, including your chat interactions and usage data, when you engage with our AI system. This data collection allows us to provide tailored insights and recommendations based on your queries.
We do not collect any data that contains sensitive personal data that is relative to identifiable persons such as: age, race, gender, religion, ideology, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or physical and mental abilities or disabilities, the commission of criminal offences or proceedings and associated penalties or fines. You are given the option to add a picture to your user profile. This could be a picture of you or something else that you choose to represent you. We do not extract any information from profile pictures; they are solely for your own use.
When we access and process your information
By default, we do not access your information. The only times we will ever access or process your information are:
To fulfill your products or services requests.
We access your information so that we can email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like. We access your information to fulfill your sales and support requests and to communicate with you as described in the voluntary correspondence section above.
To improve our services.
We use the data collected for various purposes: improving our service, monitoring usage, and addressing technical issues. Real individuals, part of our team, review and analyze your interactions with our products to enhance their quality, akin to the refinement process in machine learning models.
To help you with a support case such as a software bug, with your permission.
If at any point we need to access your account to help you with a Support case, we will ask for your consent before proceeding.
To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
In certain circumstances, we may treat your data in accordance with this policy to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
We treat your personal data confidentially in accordance with the applicable legislation. Unless stated otherwise, your personal data will not be provided to third parties.
In particular, we may disclose certain information as follows:
- To our partners, in order to respond to a request for information and marketing in the relevant territories for the interested party.
- We may give access to personal data to our service providers under contracts for the provision of services in favour of the company. We require that all third parties respect the security of their personal data and treat them in accordance with the law. We do not allow our external service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and we only allow them to process your personal data for specific purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- We may share personal information with professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants or auditors in order for them to provide us with legal, accounting or auditing services.
- We may share personal information with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our organisation or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other organisations or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- We may also communicate your contact data to Faradai’s subsidiary company, Reengen Enerji Teknolojileri A.Ş. (Reengen) ,(with registered office at Reşitpaşa Mahallesi Katar Caddesi Teknokent Arı 4 Sitesi No:2/50/6 Sarıyer/Istanbul, incorporated under Turkish law), and eventually to other companies within their business group, in order to provide services mentioned above.
At Faradai, we apply the same data rights to all customers, regardless of their location. The most most advanced privacy regulations in place are the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Faradai recognises all of the rights granted in these regulations, except as limited by applicable law. These rights include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to request correction of your personal information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- Right to Erasure. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession and, by extension, all of our service providers. Fulfillment of some data deletion requests may prevent you from using Faradai services because our applications may then no longer work. In such cases, a data deletion request may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority. To identify your specific authority or find out more about this right, as an EU individual you should go to https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed, including opting out of the sale of personal information.
- Right to Object Processing. You have the right to object to Faradai’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to request that Faradai transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. We do not undertake any automated processing of personal data, or profiling, within the Faradai accounts or elsewhere. Note that you have a right to object to any decisions being taken through the processing of your personal data by automated means if they produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significant effects on you. We do not use your personal data in a way that makes such decisions.
At all times, you have the right to report a concern or lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please refer to the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
or by calling them on 0303 123 1113. Of course, we hope that we can resolve your issue quickly and fairly ourselves.
Please avoid sharing confidential information or any data you wish to remain private, as it could be accessed by our review experts for AI system improvement purposes.
If you have questions about exercising these rights or you need assistance, please contact us at [email protected].
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also encrypted. We limit access to your personal data to those employees, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. All your interactions and data shared with our AI system are protected using robust encryption and security measures. This ensures your data remains confidential and safe from potential threats.
Once canceled, your personal data is no longer accessible to anyone, but the data related to energy and sustainability operations of your organization such as facility information, geography, utility bills remain available in Faradai’s databases. On canceling our services, any data derived from your interactions with our AI system will be handled according to our standard data retention and deletion protocols.
We do not directly transfer any of your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). However, some of our data processors may do so and this section explains the impact of these international transfers and how your information is protected.
Many of our data processors operate “cloud-based systems”, which means the information is held in information data centres in different locations.
All the cloud-based systems we use reserve the right to hold copies of your personal information outside the EEA. Please note that the reason companies may choose to do this is to hold back-up copies, so they can guarantee recovery.
In each case our processors and/or we employ one or more of the following means that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of abuse:
Please contact us at [email protected]
if you want further information on the specific mechanisms used by our data processors when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
. We’ll be happy to answer any questions.